Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Must Cram the Dewey Decimal System!

I got a job interview at the regional library system here!! YAY!!! I still have 2 or 3 years of school left, but I have and interveiw for the job I am working towards! Its just an on call position, so not steady, but at least I will be in their system and making 20$ an hour rather then the 8.50 I am makeing at the Video Store. Not that I am quiting the video store even if I get the job, cuz work is not a for sure thing, and I would rather get a steady income at a lower wage then no income at all. However, if I can get one shift a week as a call in I will be making about as much as I make for every 3 days of video store work. which some weeks is all I get. SO YAY for me! but I have to go brush up on my Library Tech stuff and relearn the DDC so that I don't bomb the interview!

The stupid thing is that to get into the Library Tech program here you need to have 40 hours of library experience. Its like" we will teach you to work in a library when you have shown us that you already can". Its like how the bank won't give you a loan unless you can prove you can get along without it. ANYWAY.. who cares! with any luck and a new pair of dress pants I will be skipping that process and getting into the program by next fall! I"mm so excited I am having a really hard time focusing on my homework.. and the interveiw is not until next week, AFTER all my stuff is due....

this is gonna be an interesting weekend.

No comments: