Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Plans

So I woke up this morning, and my house smelled like peaches.  Which sounds odd until you remember that my mom just bought me 10lbs of peaches on their way back through the interior.  Forget coffee, I need to wake up to this smell more often!

They are still a little on the green side, but they should be ready to use on Sunday. If I haven't eaten them as as they ripen.....  I'm thinking frozen slices and a pie. or crumble or something yummy.  Sorry Friday night gang, they are still too green to share with you!  

In other news, my library hold on Downton Abbey just came in so that's what I will be watching this week. I've heard from many many people that is is good, so should be fun.  That's the weird thing about working at a library.  People are always recommending stuff too me.  Most of the time I have absolutely no interest as I don't generally enjoy the usually popular fiction, but every once in awhile something completely odd will take off and EVERYONE will order it, and they will all rave about how amazing it is.  Eventually someone who actually knows my tastes will recommend it and I will cave and give it a go.  It's usually worth it at that point.

I can tell you one thing that has not been recommended to me though.  Despite everyone and their dog ordering in copies of the Fifty Shades trilogy, not a single person has tried to talk me into it.  Gosh, I wonder why that is..... :-)

And yes,  peaches and Downton Abbey are all I have in the way of summer plans this year, and I like it that way!

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to put the box of peaches on my desk where I can smell it better.

No comments: